Making Life Work is planning a substantial financial investment in a new initiative to ensure that all children in the Stanwood-Camano School District are kindergarten ready. We are reaching out to all local childcare providers and preschools who work with children between 0 and 5 years of age to invite you to be a part of that transformation.
One of our objectives is to increase access to early education tools, programs, and resources for all families. Since we know that means meeting children where they are at, whether at home, in childcare, or in a preschool environment, we are taking a multi-pronged approach to be able to benefit as many children as possible.
Some of the projects that are planned include:
- Providing educational toys, books, workbooks and support to childcare providers to increase early learning results in those environments.
- Ensure existing preschools have the materials and support they need to produce measurable results.
- Provide on-site enrichment programs that include trained early learning professionals visiting and spending time with children weekly on structured learning activities.
- Provide off-site enrichment programs such as educational field trips that provide children with diverse learning experiences.
- Provide a website that lists all local preschool and childcare opportunities: www.stancampreschools.com
This is only a small part of the overall initiative. An initial brainstorming and informational meeting took place September 29, 2022, but you can still get involved! Contact Mary Bredereck at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.